Who are we and what do we believe?
ChristCity Church belongs to an international network and fellowship of churches known as the Church of the Nazarene. This enables us to support a global mission that is sharing the good news of Jesus through compassionate ministries, schools, hospitals and churches with missionaries in over 170 countries. The Church of the Nazarene provides us with moral, spiritual and financial accountability. Founded in 1908, the Church of the Nazarene identifies with the humble roots of Jesus who came from the small and insignificant town of Nazareth in Israel. The Church of the Nazarene describes itself historically and theologically as a Christian, Protestant and Evangelical church that has been shaped by the practical theology of John Wesley in the 1700’s and the Holiness movement that swept our nation in the early 1900’s. All of these influences shape our beliefs today and we share much in common with our Christian brothers and sisters from other churches and denominations.
We believe in:
- In one God, the Creator of all things, who reveals himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In Jesus Christ, who is fully God and fully man and who became like us to show us the way to God.
- In the Holy Spirit, who is active in the world, revealing our need for God's reconciling grace and empowering us to respond to the free offer of salvation.
- The Bible: it is the written and authoritative Word of God, revealing the way to a restored relationship with God and providing guidance for all areas of life and church practice.
- We are all sinners by both nature and actions, and need God's forgiveness and cleansing.
- Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. As we confess, turn away from our sins, and accept his death as payment for our sins, we are restored to right relationship with God.
- When we turn from sin and trust Christ, the old record of sin is wiped clean and we are born anew, thus becoming part of the family of God.
- After being born anew, we need the fullness of God's Spirit in our hearts. When we make a complete commitment to him, He cleanses our hearts, fills us with His perfect love (for God and for others), and gives us the power to live victoriously.
- Jesus rose again from the dead, ascended to the right hand of God and will return again to establish his kingdom and reign.
- Everyone will stand before God to be held accountable for how they lived their lives on earth and will receive their just reward or punishment.